The course on 18th February is fully subscribed. You may please enter your name in the waiting list. If a place should available this time, we will indeed offer it to you but otherwise we will inform you of the future dates. Thank you for your interest and understanding.
|date_range Date||18th February 2018|
|date_range Time||0900 - 1700 hours|
|location_city Venue||Welsh Centre for Anatomical Education, University of Cardiff|
|Closing Date||The places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and as such we are unable to provide a precise closing date. The registration will close when all places are taken up.|
|event_seat No of Places Available||4|
This unique one-day ‘hands-on’ course will provide the participant with the opportunity to perform selected common general surgical emergency operations on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers under the direct supervision of Consultant Surgeons.
With a high tutor-to-participant ratio, this practical course will be delivered in small groups using a series of tutor demonstrations where participants will undertake various general surgical emergency operations on cadavers, simulating clinical practice.
Types of Procedures:
- Small Bowel Resections
- Right Hemicolectomy
- Exploration of Inguinal Canal
- Exploration of Scrotum
- Creation of Stoma
- Speciality Trainees (ST3 and ST4 level) in General and Emergency Surgery
- Core Trainees (CT2 level or post MRCS CT1 level) who are planning on embarking on a career in one of the following surgical disciplines (General, Upper GI, Colorectal, Emergency Surgery)
- Understand the basic principles and steps in undertaking common general surgical emergency operations
- Practice the operations on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
- Understand the indications, contraindications and potential risks of these operations
Features and Highlights:
- Participants work on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
- Tutored and supervised by Consultant Surgeons
- Hands-on practical course with a high tutor-to-participant ratio
- Small group teaching and demonstrations
Please click the dropdown menu to view the faculty lists from previous courses
Please click the dropdown menu to view the programmes for upcoming courses and from previous courses.
Please click the dropdown menu to view the feedback from previous courses
Pay by Bank TransferWe bank with
Please use the details furnished below to pay by bank transfer
|Account Name||Doctors Academy|
|Name of Bank||Barclays Bank, 121 Queen Street, Cardiff CF10 1SG, United Kingdom|
|If you are making a payment to our account from outside the UK, your bank will ask for our IBAN and Swift Code||IBAN: GB49 BARC 2018 1750 6716 73
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22