|date_range Date||25th September 2017 (Monday)|
|location_city Venue||David Weatherall Building, Keele University Campus, Keele, Stoke-on-Trent|
|Course Fee||£120.00 (West Midlands trainees)
£200.00 (all other trainees)
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|event_seat No of Places Available||12|
This specialised one day hands-on training course offers surgical trainees with the opportunity to perform a range of common open vascular procedures of the lower limb on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers (fresh frozen) cadavers. The course provides an opportunity for surgical trainees to practice core skills at an early stage in their careers.
The faculty comprises of leading and experienced Vascular Surgeons from the University Hospital of North Midlands to offer first-class and high quality training at the state-of-the-art facilities located in the anatomy suite of Keele University Medical School.
This course is subsidised by the West Midlands Deanery and the Keele University Medical School and is offered at a subsidised rate to West Midlands trainees at £120 and to all other trainees across the UK at £200.
- Understand the arterial and venous anatomy of the lower limb.
- Understand the principles of lower limb open vascular exposure.
- Gain experience in open vascular exposure of common arterial and venous sites of the lower limbs.
- Understand in a practical manner the application of each surgical approach to commonly performed vascular procedures.
- Understand and have the opportunity to perform and close an arteriotomy.
- Simple closure of an arteriotomy
- Open femoral artery access
- Open supragenicular popliteal artery access
- Open infragenicular popliteal artery access
- Open saphenofemoral junction venous access
- Extra procedures depending on time and experience
Features and highlights:
- Opportunity to gain first-hand experience in open vascular procedures.
- Operating on fresh frozen cadavers will simulate real-life surgery.
- High tutor to delegate ratio (1:3).
- State of the art facilities at Keele university anatomy suite, which runs a range of regular postgraduate surgical courses (https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/keeleanatomyandsurgicaltrainingcentre/).
CT1-ST3 surgical trainees, clinical fellow equivalents and SAS surgeons.
Please click the dropdown menu to view the faculty lists from previous courses
Please click the dropdown menu to view the programmes for upcoming courses and from previous courses.
Getting to the venue
Please click the dropdown menu
Please click the dropdown menu to view the feedback from previous courses
Pay by Bank TransferWe bank with
Please use the details furnished below to pay by bank transfer
|Account Name||Doctors Academy|
|Name of Bank||Barclays Bank, 121 Queen Street, Cardiff CF10 1SG, United Kingdom|
|If you are making a payment to our account from outside the UK, your bank will ask for our IBAN and Swift Code||IBAN: GB49 BARC 2018 1750 6716 73
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22