15th FRCS (General Surgery) Exit Exam Preparation Course
10th - 12th January 2020
Education Centre, The Christie, Manchester, M20 4BX
This intensive three-day revision course is designed to help candidates prepare for the Intercollegiate FRCS Examination in General Surgery. The course, delivered by an experienced group of senior consultants, will use a combination of direct vivas, interactive discussions, and patients with signs and symptoms to provide the candidate with a focused revision of pertinent topics.
- Interactive discussion and pertinent lectures.
- Updates on current advances in all sub-specialities.
- Clinical cases.
- Academic vivas.
- Slides of images and pathology specimens will be projected and participants will be asked common examination questions.
- Emphasis will be laid on all participants to answer questions. Each participant will be given time to hone their discussion skills with an examiner and to present the findings confidently.
- All the viva stations will be covered in detail: Emergency surgery (including trauma) and Critical care, General Surgery, General Surgery of Childhood and declared subspecialty – Upper GI, hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery, colorectal, endocrine, breast, vascular and transplantation.
- On completion of this course the candidate should be confident in their preparation for the oral and clinical parts of Section 2 of the examination.
- The candidate should be able to present and discuss clinical cases as in an examination situation
- Learn correct examination techniques.
ST5 or above/SpR Year 3 or above in General Surgery. Strongly advised for trainees who have completed the Section 1 (SBA and EMI component) of the exam or contemplating to do it soon. This course is ideal for those appearing for the examination in 4 to 6 weeks although some may benefit from doing the course a few months before the intended examination date.
This course is endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. The college awards 18 CPD points for attendance in this course.
|Places are currently available.|
|Dates||10th - 12th January 2020
17th - 19th July 2020
|Education Centre, The Christie, Manchester, M20 4BX|
|Course Fee||£ 685.00|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||24|