Cardiff DOHNS Course: Intensive Revision for DOHNS OSCE / MRCS(ENT)
1st June 2019
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University
This intensive one-day course aims to provide a focused revision for the DOHNS Clinical/OSCE exam and is aimed at trainees with a specialist interest in ENT surgery and qualified ENT surgeons.
The contents includes clinical topics that regularly feature in the exam, encompassing:
- Gross and microscopic anatomy of key areas.
- Identification and management of common ENT pathologies.
- Video and radiological analysis of important conditions.
- Interpretation of specialist investigations.
- Run-through of numerous communication skills scenarios including focused history taking and consenting.
- Familiarization with surgical and emergency equipment.
- Practicing pertinent clinical skills required for the exam.
- Strong emphasis on the clinical application of knowledge and perfecting the examination skills.
- Foundation Year 2 trainees
- Core trainees in Surgery with specialist interest in ENT
- General Practice trainees with specialist interest in ENT
- Career ENT trainees
- Qualified ENT Surgeons
- Experienced ENT Surgeons wishing to enhance and advance their knowledge
Course fee includes the following:
1. Diploma in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery: An Essential Revision Guide (normal price £20 including postage)
2. 50 OSCE Stations for DOHNS Part 2 (normal price £19 including postage)
3. Practical Otolaryngology for Junior Doctors (normal price £18 including postage)
4. OSCE question and answer booklets
5. Refreshments and lunch
6. Certificate of Attendance (PDF)
Trainees can use their study leave budget to attend this course.
|1st June 2019 - Places are currently limited.
There is only one place remaining for this course. We have hence closed the online registration system. If you wish to take the last place, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will suggest the way to complete registration, provided the place is still available.
19th October 2019 - Places are currently available.
|Dates||1st June 2019
19th October 2019
|School of Biosciences, Cardiff University|
|Course Fee||£235.00 (includes books worth £50)|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||20|
Downloads and Links
- October 2019 launch
- June 2019 launch
- February 2019 launch
- October 2018 launch
- May 2018 launch
- February 2018 launch
- October 2017 launch
- May 2017 launch
- February 2017 launch
- October 2016 launch
- May 2016 launch
- February 2016 launch
- October 2015 launch
- May 2015 launch
- February 2015 launch
- October 2014 launch
- May 2014 launch
- February 2014 launch
- May 2013 launch
- February 2013 launch
- September 2012 launch
- September 2011 launch
- September 2010 launch