DOHNS Part B (OSCE) / MRCS(ENT) Course
20th October 2018
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University
This intensive one-day course aims to provide a focused revision for the DOHNS Clinical/OSCE exam and is aimed at trainees with a specialist interest in ENT surgery and qualified ENT surgeons.
The contents includes clinical topics that regularly feature in the exam, encompassing:
- Gross and microscopic anatomy of key areas.
- Identification and management of common ENT pathologies.
- Video and radiological analysis of important conditions.
- Interpretation of specialist investigations.
- Run-through of numerous communication skills scenarios including focused history taking and consenting.
- Familiarization with surgical and emergency equipment.
- Practicing pertinent clinical skills required for the exam.
- Strong emphasis on the clinical application of knowledge and perfecting the examination skills.
- Foundation Year 2 trainees
- Core trainees in Surgery with specialist interest in ENT
- General Practice trainees with specialist interest in ENT
- Career ENT trainees
- Qualified ENT Surgeons
- Experienced ENT Surgeons wishing to enhance and advance their knowledge
Course fee includes the following:
1. Diploma in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery: An Essential Revision Guide (normal price £20 including postage)
2. 50 OSCE Stations for DOHNS Part 2 (normal price £19 including postage)
3. Practical Otolaryngology for Junior Doctors (normal price £18 including postage)
4. OSCE question and answer booklets
5. Refreshments and lunch
6. Certificate of Attendance (PDF)
Trainees can use their study leave budget to attend this course.
|Date||20th October 2018
|School of Biosciences, Cardiff University|
|Course Fee||£235.00 (includes books worth £50)|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||20|
Downloads and Links
- October 2018 launch
- May 2018 launch
- February 2018 launch
- October 2017 launch
- May 2017 launch
- February 2017 launch
- October 2016 launch
- May 2016 launch
- February 2016 launch
- October 2015 launch
- May 2015 launch
- February 2015 launch
- October 2014 launch
- May 2014 launch
- February 2014 launch
- May 2013 launch
- February 2013 launch
- September 2012 launch
- September 2011 launch
- September 2010 launch