Basic Clinical Skills in Ophthalmology and Ophthalmology Taster Day
16th December 2017
Western Eye Hospital, 153-173 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London NW15QH
This course will provide the attendee with an overview and fundamental understanding of ophthalmology, and equip them with essential skills in ophthalmology examination and assessment. The course will be an excellent opportunity to familiarise with various frequently used examination techniques in ophthalmology in order to appropriately assess a patient presenting with an eye complaint. It is aimed at junior specialty trainees and foundation year doctors in ophthalmology as well as GPs and A&E doctors who deal with patients presenting with eye complaints. It is also relevant to junior doctors from other specialities and final year medical students considering a career in ophthalmology.
The course is organised by Dr Magdalena Niestrata-Ortiz, Speciality Registrar, and Miss Esther Posner, Consultant Ophthalmologist, at the Western Eye Hospital.
- Junior Specialty Trainees in Ophthalmology.
- Foundation Year Doctors in Ophthalmology.
- GPs and A&E Doctors Dealing with Patients Presenting with Eye Complaints.
- Junior Doctors from Other Specialities and Final Year Medical Students Considering a Career in Ophthalmology.
Learning ObjectivesBy the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Take a focused ophthalmic case history.
- Perform a basic, yet thorough, ophthalmic examination.
- Recognise red flags suggesting an urgent ophthalmic problem in a patient presenting to the General Practitioner or the A&E Department.
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||16th December 2017
|Western Eye Hospital, 153-173 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London NW15QH|
|Course Fee||£ 20.00|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||20|