Ethnic Minority Welsh Women Achievement Association (EMWWAA) Awards 2019
30th March 2019
City Hall, Cardiff CF10 3ND
EMWWAA (Ethnic Minority Welsh Women Achievement Association) formerly known as WAWAA is a charitable organisation which aims to create a network of women and girls of ethnic minority origin across Wales to provide beacons of inspiration for current and upcoming generations.
- EMWWAA aims to empower and inspire women and girls of ethnic minorities in Wales.
- It promotes and applauds their success in all aspects of Welsh life and identifies role-models in the communities.
- It aims to facilitate community cohesion and integration.
EMWWAA coordinates a bi-annual awards ceremony to recognise women and girls of ethnic minority origin. EMWWAA profiles the achievements of women who are at multiple disadvantages-not only are they women, but they are also ethnic minority women who have faced barriers of language, culture, appearance and religion. EMWWAA seeks to make visible how these women have made a significant contributions to Wales and to Welsh life and how they have used their talent to help and inspire others.
EMWWAA works in partnership with:
- Women Equality Network for Wales
- Chwarae Teg
- Race Equality First
- Leadership and management skills
- Women Connect First
- Race Council Cymru
|Date||30th March 2019
|City Hall, Cardiff CF10 3ND|
|Time||18:00 hours – till late|
|Event Fee||£ 30.00|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and registration will close on 26th March 2019|
|No of Places||400|
|Dress code||Black Tie/National Dress|