Fundamentals of Medical Science (Level 1) for Non-Medical Professionals
3rd February 2018
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University
This interactive one-day course intends to provide those working within any profession related to the medical or healthcare sector with an understanding of essential concepts and terminologies which will be relevant to their career.
The course will consist of a series of lectures and discussions which will offer delegates a focused overview of fundamental concepts and terminologies in medical science. This will include the basics in medical history taking, reading and interpreting a medical report, and distilling the essence of medical investigations (such as X-ray, CT scan, MRI), expert opinions, hospital transfer reports and patient discharge documentations.
Delegates will be encouraged to transfer the fundamental medical knowledge gained through this course to their own practice, thus engaging in informed and improved performativity. Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will obtain a Level 1 Certification and be given the opportunity to progress to Level 2.
- To provide those working in professions related to the medical or healthcare sector with an understanding of concepts and terminologies which are essential to their work.
- To encourage attendees to develop an insight into the peripheral, yet pertinent, aspects of their field.
- To enhance the practice of those who regularly encounter concepts and terminologies pertaining to the field of medical science and healthcare.
To allow those working in professions that are associated with the medical and healthcare field to develop their knowledge and engage in better practice. This will ultimately benefit those who are using such services since those providing the service will be better informed.
This course is aimed at professionals within and beyond the United Kingdom who work in the following roles:
- Medical Translators
- Medical Interpreters
- Medical Journalists
- Medical Secretaries
- GP Receptionists
- Medico-Legal Professionals
- Medical Engineers
- Professionals in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Professionals in the Healthcare Insurance Industry
- Physician Assistants
- Hospital Administrative Staff
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||3rd February 2018
|Course Time||0845 – 1230 hours|
|School of Biosciences, Cardiff University|
Free for Cardiff University Students
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and, as such, we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||20|