Medical School Interviews Course
1st December 2019
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University
This half-day intensive course is designed to equip applicants with an understanding and awareness of a variety of important areas that are often broached in medical school interviews (both MMI and panel interviews). Through a number of simulated one-to-one interviews, it encourages attendees to excel at medical school interviews, providing a sound basis to be successful in the interviews for the most competitive medical schools and helping them to obtain a place in the medical school of their first choice.
The course will offer attendees the opportunity to discuss the topics that are commonly asked in medical school interviews in a simulated and focused setting. These include:
- Personal statement.
- Ethics and ethical dilemmas.
- Essentials of medical research.
- An understanding of the NHS and its hierarchy.
- An acknowledgement of the importance of the doctor-patient relationship.
- An awareness of the cardinal components required to become a doctor (clinical knowledge; competence; decision making; compassion; confidentiality; and ethics).
- An understanding of the basis of common medical conditions.
- One-to-One Simulated Interviews
- Individualised Feedback from Tutors
- Practice of Common Topics Broached in the Interview
|Fully Subscribed. A Waiting List Is Now Open For This Course|
|Date||1st December 2019
|School of Biosciences, Cardiff University|
|Course Fee||Free for all UK students. This course is funded by Doctors Academy Higher Education Board.|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||8
Places will be awarded on a competitive basis. Kindly complete the registration form in order to be considered for a place at this course.