Basic Clinical Skills in Ophthalmology and Ophthalmology Taster Day
5th January 2019
Central Middlesex Hospital London
This course will provide the attendee with an overview and fundamental understanding of ophthalmology, and equip them with essential skills in ophthalmology examination and assessment. The course will be an excellent opportunity to familiarise with various frequently used examination techniques in ophthalmology in order to appropriately assess a patient presenting with an eye complaint. It is aimed at junior specialty trainees and foundation year doctors in ophthalmology as well as GPs and A&E doctors who deal with patients presenting with eye complaints. It is also relevant to junior doctors from other specialities and final year medical students considering a career in ophthalmology.
- Foundation Doctors with an Interest in Ophthalmology.
- GPs and A&E Doctors Dealing with Patients Presenting with Eye Complaints.
- Junior Doctors from Other Specialities and Final Year Medical Students Considering a Career in Ophthalmology.
Learning ObjectivesBy the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Take a focused ophthalmic case history.
- Perform a basic, yet thorough, ophthalmic examination.
- Recognise red flags suggesting an urgent ophthalmic problem in a patient presenting to the General Practitioner or the A&E Department.
|Places are currently limited. There is only one place remaining for this course. We have hence closed the online registration system. If you wish to take the last place, please email us at email@example.com and we will suggest the way to complete registration, provided the place is still available.|
|Date||5th January 2019
|Time||8:30 - 17:00|
|Central Middlesex Hospital London|
|Course Fee||£ 40.00|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||20|